Recruiting and hiring is a multi‐step process that should ideally be tweaked to suit your particular business and needs especially if you are looking to outsource staff.
In the hope of helping you out on this important facet of the outsourcing industry.
Watch this short video to learn more:
I listed down some basic but essential suggestions.
Recruiting and Hiring Tips
- Find an outsourcing company with a good reputation. It’s wise to look for a company with a team on the ground in the Philippines so that they can locate the best candidates from talent pools, which an online‐only company may miss. Optimal Outsourcing has an office located in Clark Freeport Zone Philippines.
- Pick an outsourcing company with a dedicated Human Resource department to screen out and test the best candidates for your requirements. Optimal Outsourcing has a dedicated Human resources team led by Byron Dizon.
- Use an outsourcing company that has an Australian office that is familiar with Australian business standards. Note there is only a 2 hour time difference between the Philippines and Australian Eastern Standard Time. Optimal Outsourcing has an Australian base on the gold Coast and In Sydney.
- Opt for a company that will both screen and pre‐interview candidates for you. This is standard process with Optimal Outsourcing, this saves you time wasted sifting through the resumes of those who may not fit your needs.
- Look for a company that will handle all payroll and administrative duties so that once you select a candidate they can take care of these details. Unless you have experience in these areas on an international scale, delegating them will reduce needless headaches and allow you to focus solely on your business.
- Write a compelling and colourful advertisement for your business. Explain in ample detail what the job is, what qualifications you’re expecting in an employee, both technical and personal, and include a description of the type of skills you want a candidate to bring.
- Mention the kind of personality best suited for the position, and indicate any particular interpersonal and communication skills you expect. The more clear and direct your advert, the easier it will be for an outsourcing company to assist you in finding the right people to fit the bill. Be sure to include your business’s strongest suits and merits to help attract the top candidates.
- Set up Skype Interviews. At Optimal Outsourcing we set up Skype video interviews with your selected candidates at a mutually convenient time. Have a list of pertinent questions prepared to help you decide on the right candidate for the position.
- Check references provided. Optimal Outsourcing will check the references provided by each candidate. This is a step in the process that should be mandatory for each contractor you interview. It’s not only necessary to verify experience and credentials, but it can be an ideal way to learn more about a potential employee. Or better still have the outsourcing company’s HR Department check the references on your behalf.
- Set up a test for each candidate. At Optimal Outsourcing we have a written and oral test for each applicant. Testing allows you to judge the skills of a candidate and further evaluate their suitability for the position before you do any hiring.
Choosing your outsourced staff is a major key to your business’s productivity. It will save you time, resources and headache in the long haul.
Still if you are unsure about the whole process, give us a call, we are more than willing to help you out.